Serving Suggestions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

drakecutter

Original poster
Aug 2, 2013
Copperfield, Texas
I am having a few people over this weekend and would like to impress them with a spread of Q. I picked up two nice racks of Beef short ribs and had them cut to 3" segments. Queston is, What else should I prepare as far as meat goes to serve with the ribs. I just cant make up my mind. Any suggestions?

Looks like great suggestions for sides. Now other meats are what you were asking about - beer can chickens are good and simple or even some leg quarters, as well as pork ribs (either spares or baby backs). If you want sandwiches, chuck roasts smoke well or you could make some fatties. 

Cant believe I didnt think about the ABT's and leg quarters! That would give me an excuse to try some pulled chicken sammies for Sunday! Yall are the best! thanks!

Fatties never fail to impress! Dutch's wicked baked beans are simple and amazing, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all for the recommendations. Ive gone with a nice tri-tip to pair with the beef short ribs and chicken quarters with a couple of pounds of sausage from B&W's. After a little research on Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans I figured I couldn't go wrong and was gonna have to try. Still might throw on some bacon wrapped ears of corn to add a "vegetable". I will post pictures later on an updated thread.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky