Serious help & suggestions needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

triplebq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Tx
It seems my church had an oversight and called me last night . Problem ~ they someone to cater a brunch for 50 up to 100 people Sunday @ 10:00 am . Well they called me and I accepted . NOW WHAT ?

The good news is that they are having a sunrise service @ 5:30 am serving a large buffet breakfast for over 200 folks . The 50 to 100 people I need to prepare for will be the people who did not make the sunrise service .

The other servers are all bringing snacks type stuff but I always cook .

Now don't be shy jump in and tell me what would be the BEST , the CHEAPEST or whatever . I need some ideals ... I am leaning towards a Pork Shoulder or maybe a large meatloaf ? Maybe hot dogs cut into bite size ? Maybe brisket biscuits ? Help me ........

If you have time maybe you can do a few butts for PP and some beans. That's a lot of people though!

Pulled pork would probably be the easiest cheapest route tho meatloaf wouldn't be bad either. Brisket is always good too

Wow! From 50 to 100 people is a huge difference in how much you need and how much it would cost. If you can't get the number better fixed, I'd stick with items that are relatively cheap to start with and then freeze relatively well if they're left over.

Pulled Pork freezes well and is cheap and so is a gallon of Kraft BBQ sauce that you could also use on Chicken Quarters you could freeze in single/family sizes, Brisket biscuits sound good (could freeze whole assembled biscuits, then later thaw and throw an egg and cheese on them for a breakfast biscuit. You could make a bunch of meatloaf balls if the meatloaf by itself would get too big to cook well. Smoked baked beans can be cheap and always go over well.

Good luck and have fun!

I say go with the PP and beans too. Maybe throw in a ham they are usually on sale. Briskets are good but a little more expensive and take longer to smoke.

Great thinking so far . I forgot to mention that I must also cook for 24 family members ranging from my 82 year old father and his wife down to my three grand kids . This I will be serving at !:00 pm but it is just 1.5 miles from the church.

burgers- cheap and quick
icon_wink.gif

I am cooking for the brunch @ 10:00 am . The breakfast is @ sunrise 5:30 am that I am not a part of .

There are two of us bringing meat I am attached for 50 and up to 100 ( big spread ) but it's Easter Sunday and we just don't know how many wil lstay for brunch . They leave for the Easter egg hunt and Sunday School as soon as brunch is done . There is coffe , sodas , juice and tea for drinking .

they did'nt make it easy on you did they? being easter, you don't know who wiil be there or leave early for family functions. my guess is pork butts , baked beans, meatloaf, just try to keep it simple.

I would say Pulled Pork and Dutch's Baked Beans. You could always smoke the butts ahead of time and then reheat. that would save you a lot of time that day. You could also make enough to cover the church and the family in one pass.

Good Luck...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

PS: Hope you have a big Smoker...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky