Seppelts Saint PetersVineyard.

Discussion in 'Winos & Wood Chips' started by moikel, Nov 13, 2014.

1. moikel

moikel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Found a bottle of this in the cellar .

A great wine first released in 1964 .Vineyards planted in 1865 in Western Victoria,although this is from younger plantings in the 1930s.

Current release about $48 if you buy 6 . I don't buy many wines over $40 but this is a great example of regionally authentic wine.

A better buy any day of the week than the overhyped ,over done,over oaked stuff at $100 from the trendy wineries.

This shiraz is very elegant&refined . Not that big hairy chested style that comes out of the Barossa Valley,nothing wrong with that either but its nice to have a range.

This will be spicy,peppery,red & black fruits medium bodied.Its breathing now.

Seppelts make a Sparkling Shiraz,serve chilled . You got to  try it to understand it.

We will have kangaroo fillet ,its marinating in some malbec ,garlic,cbp,EVO ,splash of balsamic,rosemary

Hard & fast on the cast iron griddle plate served rare.

I will post some photos shortly.

2. moikel

Just a short cut post.

Hard & fast & rare.

Reduced the marinade,splash of brandy.

Wine was just brilliant.

leah elisheva likes this.
  3. welshrarebit

welshrarebit Master of the Pit

Really? Kangaroo??? Looks delish!

Great looking wine as well...

4. moikel

Right next to the beef in the meat section at the supermarket. There is really only 2 cuts rump & fillet.I don't like the sausages.

Really lean.If you cook it past rare you just wasted your $.

We have that many of the things we have to eat them.Strictly regulated,field shot 2 species only.

It is great in a Thai style som tam salad .I do a few of those in the summer. I still can't get wallaby which was coming out of Flinders Island off the coast of Tasmania. Something has gone wrong at the processing end. Pity because a lot of work had gone into the marketing.

The classic combo is roo,beets & shiraz. 

St Peters a hell of a good bottle of wine. Wine trends will come & go ,that shiraz will stay a benchmark for that style for another 50 years easy.

5. So fantastically gorgeous Mick!
    Just seeing this now!
    As you know, I love too, and yours looks exquisite!
    So beautiful and the vino too!
    Cheers! - Leah