Seppelts Saint PetersVineyard.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

moikel

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2011
Sydney &Greenwell Point Australia
Found a bottle of this in the cellar .

A great wine first released in 1964 .Vineyards planted in 1865 in Western Victoria,although this is from younger plantings in the 1930s.

Current release about $48 if you buy 6 . I don't buy many wines over $40 but this is a great example of regionally authentic wine.

A better buy any day of the week than the overhyped ,over done,over oaked stuff at $100 from the trendy wineries.

This shiraz is very elegant&refined . Not that big hairy chested style that comes out of the Barossa Valley,nothing wrong with that either but its nice to have a range.

This will be spicy,peppery,red & black fruits medium bodied.Its breathing now.

Seppelts make a Sparkling Shiraz,serve chilled . You got to  try it to understand it.

We will have kangaroo fillet ,its marinating in some malbec ,garlic,cbp,EVO ,splash of balsamic,rosemary

Hard & fast on the cast iron griddle plate served rare.

I will post some photos shortly.

Right next to the beef in the meat section at the supermarket. There is really only 2 cuts rump & fillet.I don't like the sausages.

Really lean.If you cook it past rare you just wasted your $.

We have that many of the things we have to eat them.Strictly regulated,field shot 2 species only.

It is great in a Thai style som tam salad .I do a few of those in the summer. I still can't get wallaby which was coming out of Flinders Island off the coast of Tasmania. Something has gone wrong at the processing end. Pity because a lot of work had gone into the marketing.

The classic combo is roo,beets & shiraz. 

St Peters a hell of a good bottle of wine. Wine trends will come & go ,that shiraz will stay a benchmark for that style for another 50 years easy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky