Send off for an old friend (smoker, not person)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thestealth

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
KC Metro, Kansas
I wasn't sure where this should go...but considering the chuckie is my first one, it's the star of the show...so...beef it it. :-)

Had a beautiful day here in KC. After spring cleaning of the yard, I thought I'd smoke some food as a little send off to my trustworthy Smoke'N Pit.  My WSM should be dropped off on April 13th, and unless I'm cooking for one heck of a crowd, I'm guessing old faithful will be relegated to second fiddle.

Nothing major, just some stuffed portabellas, ABT's, a chuckie and a fatty.

A couple pregame pics. :)

3f4cf9eb_IMG_0163.jpg

0f5299f4_IMG_0164.jpg

Not pictured is a pan of what we call campfire taters.  Just some cubed taters, onion, garlic, butter and some seasoning.  I'm not smoking them, just roasting.

Last edited:
Yeah, not too shabby.  I'm smoking a meat loaf tomorrow, so it's not its final voyage.  I'm sure it will have its place in my arsenal.  I worked hard getting it 'leveled' out, so I won't totally abandon all my hard work.  :-D

The fatty was just a basic meat and cheese jobby.  The ABT's were a variety.  A couple with sausage, a couple with just cream cheese and a couple with a stuffing/cream cheese mix.  They were all fine and dandy.:"

The 'bellas were an experiment.  Some family member recently became veg-heads, so I figured I'd smoke some (I know they grill up fine) with some stuffing to see how they turned out.  They were OK...need cheese. ;)

thank you and thank you. :-)

campfire taters...

[
9542bc3c_IMG_0166.jpg

the hore-de-hervies. :p

457b16e7_IMG_0165.jpg

Just pulled the chuckie off a bit ago...it's resting in the cooler waiting to be pulled. :)

Yeah, there were actually 8 ABT's.  I was really just cooking for myself, so I didn't see any need to over do it. :-)

It was delicious Al, I can't believe I waited so long to do a chuck roast.

22303f18_IMG_0167.jpg

342b8529_IMG_0168.jpg

Well...maybe I jumped the gun a bit saying it was the last smoke on the S'nP.  All week they had been calling for rain today, but as weathermen often are, they were wrong.  So, we whipped up a meatloaf to toss on the smoker.

Never done a meatloaf before.  I've done lots of burgers and meatballs with great success, so hopefully the loaf will be good too.

Instead of just hand forming a loaf on a pan, we decided to use our grill wok, which has holes in it.  I doubt it will be super smokey, but it should be tasty.  It's resting now, waiting on some friends to come over for dinner. 

202b8e25_IMG_0170.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky