See the World ... Smell the Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
i would like to submit my first smoke .. my brisket moist, tender, and good smoke ring ..not bad for a newbie..lol
icon_biggrin.gif

170648014-M.jpg

170648269-M.jpg

Edited to add the TBS and what it was cooked on .. should have finished reading the rules.... no need to get tossed on a technicality.. thanks for the heads up...
175511027-M.jpg

OK another newbie here.
Pork shoulder pulled with Jeffs finishing sauce.
Brined whole chicken.
Plain Fatty.
Dutch's beans with pulled brisket.
Sweet potatoes.
d5fd0c02_vbattach13917.jpg

41e5b837_vbattach13918.jpg

1e412c70_vbattach13919.jpg

e3006f1e_vbattach13915.jpg

cc4c1a83_vbattach13916.jpg

Done on a 3 burner gas grill
br1je4.jpg

br2xi9.jpg

2 hours in
dsc00599fz1.jpg

4 hours in
dsc00601la5.jpg

dsc00604sm2.jpg

Just went it was pulled off
dsc00609et2.jpg

trimmed the fat off
dsc00612ss1.jpg

some sliced, and the rest was pulled
dsc00613hg1.jpg

we start of w/ my own secret rubbed ribs soaked overnight in beer, same w/ the italian sausages(i wasn't impressed w/ those-ahoulda stuck w/ bratts ),chix thighs soaked in white wine w/ uncle chris' steak seasoning,wrapped in bacon & stuffed w/ jalepeno jack cheese,garlic, a beef burger roll stuffed w/ lipton onion soup mix,fiesta fajita spice,& my smoked garlic paste(for spag sauce). a 2 lb fatty stuffed w/ my garlic paste,shredded chedder,& mild rotels)i tried to pinwheel it but the wax paper sucked so it ended up being a 4 spatula 21"(look @ the tape)special... abt's w/ garlic/greenonion/chive cream cheese- the bacon suckedso the wrapping wasn't pretty.. but a great mesquite flavor. it was all done w/ a blend of skeet,hickory, & sugar maple. the presentation platter went to our local lil' town store.. where i was durn near trampled & got business to smoke whole cuts for the deli counter & a few caterings(including the church across the street) how fortunate i showed up @ 6:15 after services & popped the foil in plain view.....
icon_surprised.gif
here's the pics just for this lil' contest. http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...his%20contest/

Yeppers... wicked tough.. but I'm liking the turn out so far. Keep that Q View coming!

we should have some BC chicken in this too.

the metel set up is called "the twins" but you know how hard it is to find twin checkins? since they all look alike
rolleyes.gif

Better put me under the "seasoned category" and I'm not just talking "experience" ...lol..........where are we posting these pics?

Still hitting chat at 2 a.m., but alas you and everyone else must go to bed so damn early! Miss your chat!

Okay, so some may consider the ease and use of my smoker cheating.....and by golly, it sure is....lol..................

But while you guys are concentrating on temp, smoke, and who's cleaning the smoker next, I'm drinking more beer and dipping my cup in a bag o' woodchips every so often. Take that next time you want to go commercial!

I will tell you, I have NEVER met another chicken that can go to 190 degrees, tender as butter and still pees all over you when you go to grab em with a set of tongs! While this pic doesn't show the lovely finished color I get after smoking, it does show the temp climbing with the oven jam packed.....I'll get a pic with smoked color this weekend!
99e9a416_vbattach13941.jpg

Guess I'll throw in the Schinkenspeck for consideration
icon_mrgreen.gif
the first is a pic of the product in the smoker, and the 3rd is after being netted with the netter shown,,the second is the internal view of the finished product and the last picture is of my little electric beauty spewwing her thin blue breath !!
4dbc9aea_vbattach13947.jpg

2be7814f_vbattach13946.jpg

af0fd7cd_vbattach13945.jpg

87519a7d_vbattach13944.jpg

It's a great all around smoker,,,and now that I have a charcoal unit ,,It will mostly be used for bacon,hams ,fish and jerky because of the ease of use for temperature sensitive smoking...I love my little electric !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky