I decided to try a rack of spare ribs on Super Bowl Sunday. The first rack I did when I first started smoking last spring didn't turn out so good so I have been kind of gun shy. That thread is still here . . . it wouldn't have broke my heart to lose that one. (severe understatement) Well, I figured it was time to try again. Here's the full rack . . . trimmed to St. Louis style . . . and rubbed and on their way to the fridge for the night. Put them on at about 11am on Sunday The drum was acting WAY different than it normally did. Temperature was wanderng more and seemed to need a lot less intake. Wandering between 230 and 250 with the ball valve 1/2 open and both caps on. Made a few changes since last time I used it -- eight 1/2" exhaust holes are now 3/4", using Kingsford Comp Briquettes and painted the lid black. It's windy but the wind never seemed to bother the drum before. Here's a pic at foiling time . . . and the completed rack. They were pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself. 3-2-1 was a little long like folks here have said. The bones were falling out. I prefer them a little more on the firm side. Will make adjustments next time.