Second time smoking ribs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chase1300

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
Well I'm gonna try it again. This time I have 1slab of St. Louis ribs and one slab do spare ribs. Cooking on my smoke hollow 4-in-1. 230 degrees with frontier lump coal and apple wood for smoke.

The beginning

3 hours on the smoker.

After 3 hours the temp started to drop so I added the second chimney of coals. I'm kinda surprised the first chimney lasted that long.

Chase , your Ribs are looking great . Show us the finished shots. I assume you are going 'foil - less'
icon_question.gif

you get this on picking them up.
drool.gif

Have fun and . . .

OMG. These ribs are fantastic. I made Mac &Cheese while the ribs were finishing up. And I also threw on the small piece of salmon at the end . I figured I'd use up that remaining residual heat. I put a small chunk of apple wood on and let it do it's thing. It was awesome too. It had just a hint of smoke flavor to it. All in all I'm very happy with the results. Here's the pics.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
OMG. These ribs are fantastic. I made Mac &Cheese while the ribs were finishing up. And I also threw on the small piece of salmon at the end . I figured I'd use up that remaining residual heat. I put a small chunk of apple wood on and let it do it's thing. It was awesome too. It had just a hint of smoke flavor to it. All in all I'm very happy with the results. Here's the pics.

Tasty looking meal Chase, for your second rib smoke.... Awesome ! Glad they turned out great for ya ! Q view is lookin good ! :beercheer:

:points1:

Thanks, I think it's all starting to come together. I think the spare ribs are a but under cooked. I will probably have to put them in the oven for a little bit. They area bit pink on the inside. But other than that everything turned out great. I was really amazed at the fish. It was just an after thought and I put it on sice the coals we still hot. It turned out delicious.

I just ordered a maverick therm the other day. It should be here today. So I guess I will have an excuse to smoke something later this week so I can try it out. Lol. :yahoo:

Thanks for the points. That is the first points I've received. I just learned what they are all about. I guess it's time for me to start giving them out. Several people deserve points from me for all the help that I have received from so many here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky