Second Fatty with qview

Discussion in 'Pork' started by niniron, Mar 26, 2008.

1. niniron

niniron Fire Starter

Today I decided to try another fatty. i used jimmy dean sausage with some spuds,oninon, and chesse. I had trouble keeping my temp down on the ECB for a change. i used cowboy lumb coal and little hickory for some smoke. It turned out really good.

It only took 2 hours to smoke. The temperature didn't get below 270.

2. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

looks good dude..........i will give you a hint tho..........lump burns hotter.......WAY hotter than briquettes..........so maybe a combo of both next time.......or just use briquettes...........i have tried the lump.....several times........burns to hot for me......too quick for me......and i don't like the way it explodes and pops.........but others have other opinions........this is just m2cw

3. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks good! fatties are pretty forgiving, just as long as you cook them to the internal temp, not the time! Lots of fat, and 270 aint gonna hurt nuttin!

I could go for a fatty right about now![​IMG]

4. lc in va

lc in va Meat Mopper

looks good. seems loike the more I fix fattys the better they get

5. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking fatty.................

6. ba_loko

ba_loko Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Forget the Cowboy brand and try another. Cowboy is not favored by anyone that I know. I will say that lump (if a stick burner is not an option) is the preferred method of anyone that is a true smoker. Leave the briquettes for grilling only.

Nice looking smoke!

7. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Mighty fine fatty!