Second cometition-first 1st place brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokyokie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Tulsa
Team theqjoint.com entered their second competition last Friday and had a pretty good showing. I'm posting this in the beef forum because WE TOOK FIRST PLACE IN BRISKET
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Not a bad overall showing either. 15th overall in a field of 49.

We scored respectable in ribs and chicken, but poorly in pork butt. I think mostly because it was overcooked.

I'm going to be out of action for a few weeks due to hip surgery so we don't know when the next comp will be, but we'll let you know when we find out.

Hmmm bout time ya got hip, Smoky! LOL!

Seriously...good luck and heal fast! You'll be dancin' round the pit again in no time!

And congrats on the win! I have been one of your most avid proponents of the sear method, I assure you!

The freezer stays full. Once or twicw a year I donate a bynch to charity so that I'll have room to store some fresh styff.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Thanx Joe

Sorry, as you know, it can get a little hectic around turn in time. We didn't get any pix. I can tell you this though, it was black and ugly. Kinda like a raw diamond before they cut it and polish it.

Sounds like the info you posted about searing the meat should be my first chapter. Thinkin bout doing brisket after this weekend as the wife wants beef and is getting tired of pork
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
. So I will follow your previous post about searing, Congrats and thanks for the info.
wink.gif

Okie, the win is awesome! Way to go.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Sorry to hear about your surgery, hope all goes well for ya.

If ya wasn't a cobbled up old man I'd have to say something about that ... but I'm a nice guy
icon_evil.gif

Oh and since you're gonna be disabled and all - I call first dibs on Lucille!

Congrats on the best brisket and Best Wishes to ya on the hip.

Way to go
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
on the comp Tim , good luck with your surgery , it's amazing what Docs can do these days , hope it goes well for ya !!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky