Sebring Shooting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

banderson7474

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 24, 2016
Alabama (near Auburn)
Al,

Heard about the shooting in your area last night. If you remember, my father lives in Lake Placid but prayers to the family of the loved ones lost. I imagine the town is shook up over this.

Just spoke to my dad's exwife and she knew one of the tellers. She confirmed that Sebring is very shook up. Such a senseless act.

Sorry to put this on the message board. I just remembered that Al is from that area. Mods, feel free to remove if you think that is best.

Thanks for thinking of me!
We are a small town & not used to this kind of violence.
I came from Ft. Lauderdale to here 15 years ago & this kind of thing is what you would expect to see there not here!
It's very tragic & I have always thought we were insulated from crime here, but I guess that's not the case anymore.
It sounds like this guy just randomly picked the bank, thank God he didn't go to Walmart or someplace like that. But he may have thought that a bunch of women in a bank would be easy prey. There are a lot of CC permit holders here & in a more public place someone would have probably shot him after he pulled his gun out.
Our prayers go out to those families that lost a loved one!!
Al & Judy

Reactions: Ecarius
From what I can tell, he use to work there briefly but still have no idea what the motive was. I called my dad after work yesterday and he knows one of the fathers that lost his daughter. I can't imagine! Al you are right about not having a lot of crime there. I think the last time I heard of anything bad happening was a state trooper getting shot and I don't even know how long ago that was. Seems like around 15 years or so.

I think he is just some wacko that happened to live in Sebring. I'm not sure if anyone will come up with a motive. We used to leave the doors unlocked & the car unlocked & friends would just stop by & walk right in, just a quick knock & hello!
That is the small town feel that we always had here, now not so much. However I do live in a gated community & although we don't have guards at the gate you need a code or a clicker for your car to get in. I realize that if someone really wants to get in here then it's pretty easy. So I now have 4 security cameras, and a gun in every room. That is Ft. Lauderdale mentality that I thought I was done with!! Hopefully this is an isolated incident & we can all get our lives back to normal!
Al

Condolences to the familys. Yes we all thought our small towns were a safe haven and that crime only happens in the big cities. Not so by any means anymore, it is all over the country. Stay safe all...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky