seasoning new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kmadson

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 3, 2007
Clarkston, WA
Will be getting new camp chef Smoke vault smoker soon, all info on seasoning it would be most appreciated. Thought I had better ask in this section as I did over in the pork area about doing Fattys etc.
icon_lol.gif
KM

wash that baby out with some soap & water to get residual oil off- than wipe the inside with Evoo and fire it up -than some smoke-depends but I might do twice just for me.

directions should be with your smoker. What I would do is if you know what your favorite wood is just use that, fire it up as if you were going to smoke something and let it smoke with no food in it for a couple of hours than let it cool complete. If you do not know what your favorite wood is I would recommend hickory. My personal favorite is cherry.

Well I'll try this again not sure why my reply to you didn't go, hope this one does :o) Thanks for the info on seasoning smoker

All I did was operate my GOSM with some chips for an hour. I did wash the grates by hand first. Had a sniff afterwards. No off-smells. OK to go.

If I got a new smoker, I'd pressure wash it first. Probably at a carwash. No wax though
icon_razz.gif

ya alot of us will wash the oils out with a Mild detergent-let dry and burn off-others do as they think best!

I am presently seasoning a Masterbilt 7in1. Instructions indicate to coat inside of smoker with vegetable oil, then heat to 200 F, add wood, and maintain 2-4 hours. Cool, wipe down, then coat again with vegetable oil. Ready to smoke!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky