Season my Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovethatsmoken

Original poster
Hi folks,
I,m a newbe to smoking and have a Master Built Electric Smoker. I have seasoned it and cooked a pork butt and some ribs. They came out wonderful.
My question is after smoking I now have a brown resadew on the inside of my smoker. Should I wash it off or is this part of the seasoning?

Thanks
LOVETHATSMOKEN

brown or black? and thats the begining of your petina-if brown it's prolly because of moisture.

Just leave it, it is part of the seasoning.

You can lightly wipe it, but I wouldn't scrub it off.

That's the first layer of flavor and it will keep adding more and more you smoke.
icon_cool.gif

Leave it, I haven't cleaned my smoker wall since I started using them. Wash the racks and the drip pan/water pan every time, and maybe any chunks or built up grease on the bottom of the smoker if need be, but leave the walls alone, that is the seasoning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky