Scottish Eggs Pickled Quail Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Beautiful Day for cold smoking,or is it smoking in the cold.30 Degrees F this morning wind blowing about 15 to 20 MPH

Thanks to CrazyMoon and Cranky Buzzard for their post

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/255101/more-scottish-eggs

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/251999/pickled-quail-eggs-jalape-os-scotch-eggs

Mes 40s 2nd smoke I like this BT seems to get up to temp pretty quick!.

Lets do some Q view 

1 lb breakfast sausage cut into 8 pieces 

1 egg each

Wrapped in sausage then back to the fridge

Fired up some Alder Pellets in the AMNPS

Eggs on the rack read for some smoke

Not the best wrapping job

another shot

Cut shot yokes don't look bad

Close up

I would make these again with the plain eggs,pickled just didn't seem right

Thanks for looking

Richie

Last edited:
Tasty looking eggs! I have never had quail eggs is there even a taste difference if there not pickled to normal eggs?

Looks delicious Richie!

I'm not a big fan of pickled eggs, so I would have gone with just hard boiled too.

Point!

Al

Richie, I think those babies look great ! Points !!
CM Thanks you and CB were my inspiration Thank You for the point I appreciate it.
Tasty looking eggs! I have never had quail eggs is there even a taste difference if there not pickled to normal eggs?
No not a whole lot of different

Looks delicious Richie!

I'm not a big fan of pickled eggs, so I would have gone with just hard boiled too.

Point!

Al
Al I had these already so I figured I would try it,Thanks for the points I appreciate it

Richie

Hey Richie. Those look pretty good. I could eat a bunch of them.

I've never seen quail eggs up here so I'd just use regular eggs.

I think I'll try some of those for Christmas morning.

POINT!!

Gary
Gary Thanks and remember that heart don't need to be clogged.Thanks for the points bud I appreciate it

Richie

Went to an Asian mkt this morning. OUI did it stink in there. No quail eggs.

Last edited:

Went to an Asian mkt this morning. OUI did it stink in there. No quail eggs.
Rick I wouldn't shop in one that smells The markets I go to have fresh fish and no odors.My local Shop Rite the fish market stinks

Richie

Point for sure! Those came out looking good!

Before you totally abandon the pickled eggs in the sausage, add some jalapeño to it, you'll like it!
CB I think she said use plain next time LOL Thanks opps forgot to say for the points I appreciate it

Richie

Last edited:
Richie, those sure look tasty to me my friend ! Very nice cook !
icon14.gif
Justin thank you my friend Quail Eggs took on way more vinegar then we are use to LOL Thanks for the points I appreciate it

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky