SCORE! ! !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roller

Smoking Guru
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 10, 2010
N.E. Louisiana
I live in a part of the country where you can`t buy Tri-Tip.  It is one of my favorites cuts to smoke and always do some of them each time I visit my children in California.

Well today on my trip to Walmart entering the store I headed to the meat dept. as I usually do to check out the specials and other buys..Its my favorite dept. in the store...WELL guess what ???? TRI-TIP just sitting there looking all pretty and red with my name all over them..There were 7 of them can you believe it & Tri-Tips just sitting there in front of me...I almost passed out. I looked around to see if I was going to have to fight anybody in order to get them all...Luck was with me everybody was looking at Ribs. The experation date was getting close and I could probable have waited a couple of days and gotten them all marked down...Are you kidding me WAIT   to buy a Tri-tip sitting in Walmart in Louisiana...NO WAY JOSE not me even if I have to go across the street to the bank and float a loan..Well I bought them all in hopes that they would say look a here we sold all of those Tri-Tips so I guess we need to order some more of those and when they do I will wait they out and buy them all at a reduced price because no one around here knows what they are...don`t you just love this country !!!!!!  A good day for an ol man...

b5b90766_IMG_7399.jpg

bab98ed6_IMG_2557.jpg

Those look like nice one's too - glad you found them finally. PM me your  email and I will send you a recipe for a killer java rub for them

Nice Score Roller...I was at Wally world today hoping to find some here...no such luck. I have never seen a tri tip here but I'm going to keep looking and hope to be surprised like you were!!!
icon14.gif

Make sure you go back in a few days and ask the meat department person " What happened to those Tri Tips you guys had"?  "Well can you order more"??  Lmao... And ask if you can buy a case and get a Better deal...

The good news for those in your area?  That does look like a tri tip instead of the other stuff they try to sell you saying it is a tri tip.

The bad news? High price.  But if you cant get it, try it!

Good luck and good smoking.

Thanks evryone it was a good score for me...BAMA I am going to vacum pak them and put them in the freezer and smoke one when I want to. I will smoke one this week...Venture price does not matter when you cant find them at all. I just hope that get some more in so I can really stock up...

Nice score! Glad you got them and post some pics when you smoke, would love to do one of these sometime.

Someone probably ordered them by mistake. We used to buy Earl Campbell's Hot Links at Walmart (only place that carried them) and they were always selling out. Now they don't even carry them, just up and disappeared one day and I was told they won't be getting them anymore because they couldn't get them for the price they wanted and are now selling Hillshire Farms Cocktail Weenies-no comparison. 

Tri-tips are popping up all over the place these days.  I have been seeing them in COSTCO recently.  The butcher there had cut them into slices.  I told him that might get him shot in some places.  

good score!  I hope they notice all the tri-tips gone so you will have access to more!

There is nothing better than a tri tip!!!  Do you have a Smart and Final near you?  If so they have wonderful tri tips too   SO SO good!!!  For a beef roast or pastrami that is all I use!

I went by today and there were 9 more out so I will wait until they mark them way down on Thursday and buy those up...that will give me 16 enough to last awhile...

No Costco here either...Just Sam`s Club and they do not carry them..no one around here even knows what they are...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky