SCORE! 1.99 / lb baby backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

melleram

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Missouri
SCORE! My local Hy-Vee Grocery store had frozen cryo-packed baby backs for 1.99 per lb, (normally 4.99) I picked up 4 last night...might have to go grab another 6 or 12 racks

Sweet! You SHOULD pick up more...

I am still kicking my own ass for not doing the same. About 4-5 months ago, Cub Foods (County Market) had St. Louis cut spares on sale for $1.99 per lb.!!! They are fresh cut in house, no solution, etc...

I bought maybe 3 racks - not thinking ahead. Now I wish I'd have purchased everything they had
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

I do enjoy the SLC spares - but BB's are my favorite. Let us know how they turn out.
biggrin.gif

yea will do. I think they had a bunch fresh (not frozen) and it has been cold and nasty here for the last month and I guess they wern't selling so they must have just froze them all. Score for ME

Wow that's a heckuva price. They were on sale here last week at $3.89 a lb. Normally they are over 5 bucks a pound for the cyro packed ones. I bought 4 racks and did them up Sunday. I will say this they had a sticker on them that said "extra meaty" and they were probably the meatiest bb's I have had.

I'll have to go check that out. Where are you located?

Thanks for the info.

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude.
You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

Yeah, but Walter...

Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These f**ing amateurs...

LOL

I know it's not any where near Fla with a price like that.

I bought 12 racks of BBs when Food Lion had them for $2.99 lb around Father's Day. I still have 3 in the chest freezer.

Last summer Food Lion had pork spare ribs at $0.99 lb. It was advertised in their circular in a 3 day sale. I spent over $100 that weekend on ribs alone and stacked up my freezer.

I wish they would have that sale again. The butcher already knows I am good for 200 lbs if that price hits again.

I just bought some pork spare ribs from a local meat market for $0.99 a pound. That is taking me back to the old days! It was great to get 7 slabs at 16.45lbs and pay that price for them. Score!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky