SCORE! 1.99 / lb baby backs

Discussion in 'Pork' started by melleram, Oct 20, 2009.

1. melleram

melleram Smoke Blower

SCORE! My local Hy-Vee Grocery store had frozen cryo-packed baby backs for 1.99 per lb, (normally 4.99) I picked up 4 last night...might have to go grab another 6 or 12 racks

2. bman62526

bman62526 Smoking Fanatic

Sweet! You SHOULD pick up more...

I am still kicking my own ass for not doing the same. About 4-5 months ago, Cub Foods (County Market) had St. Louis cut spares on sale for $1.99 per lb.!!! They are fresh cut in house, no solution, etc...

I bought maybe 3 racks - not thinking ahead. Now I wish I'd have purchased everything they had [​IMG]

I do enjoy the SLC spares - but BB's are my favorite. Let us know how they turn out. [​IMG]

3. melleram

melleram Smoke Blower

yea will do. I think they had a bunch fresh (not frozen) and it has been cold and nasty here for the last month and I guess they wern't selling so they must have just froze them all. Score for ME

4. 3montes

3montes Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow that's a heckuva price. They were on sale here last week at $3.89 a lb. Normally they are over 5 bucks a pound for the cyro packed ones. I bought 4 racks and did them up Sunday. I will say this they had a sticker on them that said "extra meaty" and they were probably the meatiest bb's I have had.

5. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'll have to go check that out. Where are you located?

Thanks for the info.

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude.
    You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

Yeah, but Walter...

Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These f**ing amateurs...

LOL

6. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I know it's not any where near Fla with a price like that.

7. raceyb

raceyb Smoking Fanatic

I bought 12 racks of BBs when Food Lion had them for $2.99 lb around Father's Day. I still have 3 in the chest freezer.

Last summer Food Lion had pork spare ribs at $0.99 lb. It was advertised in their circular in a 3 day sale. I spent over $100 that weekend on ribs alone and stacked up my freezer.

I wish they would have that sale again. The butcher already knows I am good for 200 lbs if that price hits again.

8. Hy-vee where? I'm in KC and just smoked 6 racks this weekend. That means I'm fresh out.

9. melleram

melleram Smoke Blower

Jefferson City

10. dburgette

dburgette Fire Starter

I just bought some pork spare ribs from a local meat market for $0.99 a pound. That is taking me back to the old days! It was great to get 7 slabs at 16.45lbs and pay that price for them. Score!