Scale question, again...........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokebuzz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 14, 2006
IOWA!!
Been  looking at some Taylors at the restaurant supply store, the 10# restaurant series.  Anyone have something in this series, good, bad accurate to 1 gram?

Wow,  10lb scale accurate to 1 gram is a pretty good scale if it holds true     0.022%  accuracy?  I guess I did the math correctly.  Maybe things have changed since I spent time in the lab.  Just because it has grams on the scale doesn't mean it's accurate to the single gram.   Do a test, take an object 8 or 9 lbs and weigh it 3 or 4 times on the same scale and see if the numbers match all the time.  Do the same with a 1 or 2 lb object.

The reason I mention this is that I hope you do not have problems if you intend to weigh cures on this scale.

Not sure but I hope this opens the discussion to where errors are introduced in weighing and measuring.

Al

We recently bought a new kitchen scale from Amazon.  We like it a lot for our purposes.  Here is the link to it the current listing, with a lot of reviews.  Price is now at $25, free shipping.

It does measure up to 11 pounds, and to fractions of an ounce.  It has the ability to zero the container and then give only the weight of the added ingredients.

Not good for weighing large packages though -- they tend to cover the dial so that you cannot read it.

Picture of the scale:

6c298916_scale.jpg

I have one similar to Dales and it is accurate down to the gram. Spend a little extra and get the one you want and it will be the last one you buy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky