Say ELK Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Oh Yeah

A friend dropped off a bunch of these 2 lb packs today and said make yourself something.

ef89677d_DSC00848.jpg

It says chili meat on the package.  I'd start there.
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
Smoked meat loaf/meat balls, etc.  Nice score.

Course grind on the elk. Looks like a stick time. Pretty lean as i thought so its going to get a cut in.

Still frozen. Just a tad over 4 1/4 lbs. When thawed prob looking at 4 lbs

4555cca3_DSC00860.jpg

Mix

e455e8f6_DSC00862.jpg

Bear

I'm going to drive your way and give you some sticks. Just let me know when the 3 of us can come down...HAHA

Got the pork cut in with the elk, seasoned and ready to stuff-n-smoke tomorrow.

b63b8db4_DSC00867.jpg

oh man nepas thanks for your help with the stuffer it's in the works. aaaand you guy's should have seen the look on my wifes face when I saw this post sat down and said oh boy can't wait to see more nepas sausage lmao. I always look forward to your sausage posts

oh man nepas thanks for your help with the stuffer it's in the works. aaaand you guy's should have seen the look on my wifes face when I saw this post sat down and said oh boy can't wait to see more nepas sausage lmao. I always look forward to your sausage posts

Did you contact Kirby or ya just going to build it.

Oh yeah your on the road to being hooked on sausage. I like sausage because you can do so much with it, smoke, bbq, cold smoke, age, dry on and on.

Looks great..

Almost settled in.. gonna start back making sausage next week ...all the frozen stuff and Boykjos is gone..

Craig

My friend asked me how do the big guys get their casing so soft and chewy?

Thats easy.

Soak the collagen casings. They turn into protein lined casings and hug the meat.

c553dfa9_DSC00878.jpg

Extruding sticks from the stuffer.

8bdbdc5d_DSC00883.jpg

My Mc Guiver lazy susan.

b317dc8c_DSC00884.jpg

b85b84b5_DSC00885.jpg

This is whats left in the tube.

ed1de033_DSC00886.jpg

Going with some pellets.

8ee9366a_DSC00888.jpg

Lid on so they dont flame up.

08167643_DSC00889.jpg

Hanging at 130* for 1.5 hours before some smoke.

aabebf93_DSC00890.jpg

OH YEAH SMOKE SOON.

1a287c63_DSC00891.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky