Saved the Gobbler

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

IA pigsNcrops

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 6, 2019
This has been on my bucket list for a long time, so last summer when we butchered a pig, I had them cut one pork crown roast out. We had Thanksgiving last Sundays at my parents, so I smoked a spatchcocked turkey for that dinner.

Now on to today, I figured perfect time to take an item off the bucket list. I got the crown roast out Monday, thawed, and injected with a brine mixture. This morning mixed up fresh herbs and garlic to make a paste, evenly coating both sides of the roasts.

On the smoker at 225 degrees using hickory and a smoke tube. Currently IT at 104 degrees heading to 140 target, then a wrap and rest. 20201126_095221.jpg

The journey is complete, turned out excellent and very tender. I encourage giving a crown rack a try. Excellent smoke ring, thanks to the help of the smoke tube. There is noticeable difference using fresh herbs, both taste and presentation. Thanks for stopping by. 20201126_123149.jpg 20201126_123349.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky