Save a post/thread?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hooked on smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Southern California.
Greetings,
I'm seeing a lot of really good shares that I would like to save for later use. Is there a way to save what others share? Sorry I've been here a while but haven't figured it out yet.
Thanks in advance.

I have a bookmark file of SMF Recipes...JJ

I'm running with Gary and The Chef are doing. I created a folder in bookmarks of recipes to be printed. Later when I have the time, I will print them off and add to my smoking recipe/logbook.

Bookmark or copy/paste each have their merits. With copy/paste you don't have to be online to reference it in the future, but I prefer to not save anything to my computer hard disc...I save to a 32GB removable memory card, instead. That way if your computer crashes you won't lose any of your documents, and you can take the card with you and use it on any device that has a card slot and an appropriate application to open the document. Certain desk-top printers allows you to pop the card into their own card slot, select the file and print a hard-copy...without even needing a computer to open/print the document.

Eric

I copy & paste into Word, then save it to iCloud.

That way I can access them anywhere on any device.

And if the computer dies the recipes are still in iCloud.

Al

Al, I just don't trust back-up sources like that...way too many sites and user accounts are being hacked these days. I can store on a card, toss it in the fire-safe and don't have to worry about what could happen to it.

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky