• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Save a post/thread?

hooked on smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 24, 2013
Greetings,
I'm seeing a lot of really good shares that I would like to save for later use. Is there a way to save what others share? Sorry I've been here a while but haven't figured it out yet.
Thanks in advance.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I have a bookmark file of SMF Recipes...JJ

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
I just copy the post and paste it into a Word document.  Then I save the Word doc in a special folder on my computer.  I know it's not real high tech, but at least I can manage that.

Gary

mosparky

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 11, 2015
I'm running with Gary and The Chef are doing. I created a folder in bookmarks of recipes to be printed. Later when I have the time, I will print them off and add to my smoking recipe/logbook.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 27, 2008
Bookmark or copy/paste each have their merits. With copy/paste you don't have to be online to reference it in the future, but I prefer to not save anything to my computer hard disc...I save to a 32GB removable memory card, instead. That way if your computer crashes you won't lose any of your documents, and you can take the card with you and use it on any device that has a card slot and an appropriate application to open the document. Certain desk-top printers allows you to pop the card into their own card slot, select the file and print a hard-copy...without even needing a computer to open/print the document.

Eric

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I copy & paste into Word, then save it to iCloud.

That way I can access them anywhere on any device.

And if the computer dies the recipes are still in iCloud.

Al

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 27, 2008
Al, I just don't trust back-up sources like that...way too many sites and user accounts are being hacked these days. I can store on a card, toss it in the fire-safe and don't have to worry about what could happen to it.

Eric

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
If I see something I really like I just reply to whatever thread it is in. Then it shows up in my subscriptions.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.