Sauteed Veggies w/ Some Heat and Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

abelman

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 14, 2007
Littleton, CO
Here's a new way, at least for me of doing sauteed veggies. I was messing around one night as we had fish and small red potatoes on for dinner. Anyway, give it a shot especially if you like some heat and are trying to stay away from too much butter.

1 half yellow onion, chopped
8 Scallions chopped both green and white parts
3-4 Serrano Peppers sliced ( I leave the seeds, etc in)
Sliced and chopped mushrooms

Olive oil
Red wine Vinegar, approximately 1 and half tsp
Fish sauce, 1 tsp
One half of squeezed juice from a lime
A pinch of Pepper
A pinch of salt

Sautee on med high heat until desired consistency. Great with fish, salad, red potatoes, etc.

Here are 3 pictures that kind of go through the process:

It goes with a lot of stuff depending on your tate and imagination.

It looks good. I bet the fish sauce and lime is what takes it over the edge. My wife doesn't like the heat so I may have to adjust on the heat for her, or maybe I will make two batches.

I was in Monterrey Mexico recently and they use something very similar on many of their beef dishes.

My kind of veggies, I know that would go great with fish or shellfish. Congrats.

Thanks guys, I was flying by the seat of my pants and lukily I didn't forget what I did. My wife always laughs at me when I'm working on one of my so called "concoctions".

This qualifies and even better, it tastes good, LOL.

Looks real good Ableman-I'm a big fan of sauted,grilled-fresh heck veggies period.seems everytime I grill I play with another basteing sauce for them & as you I always throw the peppers in there.thanks for the Qview

Desertlites, you and I are on the same page when it comes to throwing peppers into things. Heck, the pepper heads over all showed up here as well.

I just picked up my summer pepper crop yesterday. On or about the 15th, the Thai Dragons and Serannos are going into the ground. I am trying the serannos for the first time this year as I just started cooking/eating them last year.

I am also looking forward to drying and grinding them as well as smoking/drying/grinding. I played a round with that concept a lot last year and it's very good. Smoking them (chipotle concept) is really very good with fresh peppers and playing with different woods.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky