Sauteed Sirloin Tips, Peppers, Onions In Beef Gravy (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Nothing wrong with that plate. Your in Texas....Beef is a food group of its own down there....Right?
Thanks so much Jim and you're correct, at least to a large degree. Beef is THE food group. Everything else is just a side dish :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Keep up the great work, Robert. That's a fantastic meal right there, my friend...
I very much appreciate it Charles. This was a tasty meal, especially when taking into account how quick and easy it was to put together.

Robert

jcam222

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Looks great! I’ve got a few packs of CPB sirloin tips and some Wagyu trimmings to use up. Need to do this soon. You know I’m on with #teamgravy

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Looks great! I’ve got a few packs of CPB sirloin tips and some Wagyu trimmings to use up. Need to do this soon. You know I’m on with #teamgravy
Very much appreciate it Jeff. This was such a great meal to toss together in a hurry. No doubt you'll take t to a whole new level though...and probably have it featured in a 5-star restaurant :emoji_laughing:

Robert

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Beef on beef on beef on beef, plus gravy--how could it not be delicious, Robert??
Well, I guess you make a good point here :emoji_laughing:
I've never tried orzo. Gonna have to see if I can find some.
It's only been recently that I discovered orzo by way of our friend John ( BandCollector BandCollector ) and we've fallen in love with the stuff. so much better than rice and can easily be used as pasta in Italian dishes if you choose. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Robert

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
That looks awesome Robert! I know what you mean about the one dimensional issue, it’s been a problem with my Birria obsession. I’ve been adding lime zest and making an herb crema to add a bit of complexity. Love your threads!

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
That’s one heck of a meal Robert, nicely done! Nothing wrong with the all out assault of beef flavor! Beef is more of a luxury for me, so I’m looking for all that flavor when I make it. Maybe a little dash of lime or lemon in the orzo to break things up a bit?

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
That looks awesome Robert! I know what you mean about the one dimensional issue, it’s been a problem with my Birria obsession. I’ve been adding lime zest and making an herb crema to add a bit of complexity. Love your threads!
I truly appreciate it Jed. Knowing how you're fantastic at developing flavor profiles, I have all the faith that you'll get it dialed in real quick. You better anyway. There's a competition on the horizon :emoji_wink:

Robert

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
That’s one heck of a meal Robert, nicely done! Nothing wrong with the all out assault of beef flavor! Beef is more of a luxury for me, so I’m looking for all that flavor when I make it. Maybe a little dash of lime or lemon in the orzo to break things up a bit?
Thanks so much Joe. With a bit more time I could have gotten a bit more complexity into the dish but was in a hurry and just kinda tossing stuff together.

Robert

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Great work Robert I'd get have to check the almanac to see when I'd get full🤣!
And congrats on the ride !
Appreciate it Keith but it wouldn't take long to get full. Was a pretty rich and heavy meal...kinda "stick to your ribs" food.

I never saw the ride coming for this one but am honored to be up there.

Robert

Steve H

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
If that had a pulse. I'd date it! Very nice my friend. And Orzo is a great substitution to the norm.