Sausagefest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solaryellow

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
It was a very busy sausage weekend. We ended up doing nine different kinds and all of them came out great.
  • Snack sticks
  • Beef summer sausage
  • Jalapeno beef summer sausage
  • Jamaican jerk pork sausage
  • Buffalo chicken sausage
  • Giant hot dogs
  • Blueberry breakfast sausage
  • Red hots
  • Chorizo
Here are the red hots waiting to be vacuum sealed:

DSC_0004.JPG

Snack sticks after blooming:

DSC_0006.JPG

Soon to be decapitated:

DSC_0010.JPG

Ready to be bagged:

DSC_0011.JPG

Summer sausage and giant hot dogs in the plywood smoker:

DSC_0007.JPG

Loose blueberry breakfast being fried up for breakfast this morning:

DSC_0013.JPG

Little links:

DSC_0019.JPG

Jamaican jerk ready for bagging. Had one of these for dinner tonight and they are very spicy.

DSC_0018.JPG

Getting ready to bag up the buffalo chicken sausage. We had some of these for dinner last night and they came out excellent!

DSC_0028.JPG

And Dennis' keys, dip and chips that John and I vacuum sealed when he walked away to answer a call from his wife. :clap:

DSC_0029.JPG

Nice looking sausage thx for sharing.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Holy smokes Joel that's a lot of sausage!! And it all looks great too. Thanks for the Q-view.

You were busy this weekend, nice, what recipe did you use for the Jamaican and the buffalo chicken? If you don't mind sharing?

I followed the recipe link in this thread http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=91518 for the buffalo chicken but used 10lbs of boneless chicken thighs and 4lbs of hickory smoked bacon. I multiplied the ingredients by 1.5x for the amount of meat I had. I omitted the blue cheese because some of my friends don't like it and it is easy enough to put the dressing of your choice on the sausage. The other difference is I used one whole bottle of Sriracha for the hot sauce. It was a lucky first attempt and I don't see any reason for me to do it differently in the future.

This is the jamaican jerk recipe I used. http://lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Jerk Sausage.pdf

I am pretty certain interesting is exactly the word I used to describe it. There is also vanilla, maple syrup, and cinnamon as part of the recipe. IMHO, the perfect use for it is to make two waffles, put down a slice of cheese on top of one of the waffles, add some egg on top of it, top the egg with the sausage, drizzle a little maple syrup on top of that, and cap it with the other waffle for a direct flight to awesomeness.

I did a bastardized version of Len Poli's recipe. Spiced it up a bit, smoked it, and didn't bother with the food processor. It turned out pretty good. I think I had a rogue length of hog casing when stuffing that one. It should have been a 32mm (wanted to make 1/4 pounders) but came out closer to 38mm like you would use for kielbasa.

Sounds like the voice of experience.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Ok now Joel you have really outdone yourself on this one. I knew you were alittle off the chain with how much you have been making sausage but this is alittle over board well no it's not the only thing that is wrong is I was in Florida at the time and you didn't call me to come and help you. Now you have made some really good looking sausage and you know we are gonna have to talk soon. so here's so well deserved
points.gif
points.gif
and then another for later when I think of all this sausage again.

If you want to make the drive/flight, you are more than welcome to lend a hand Mark. I will put you up for the night and feed ya as well.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky