Sausage stuffed biscuits q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meat-man

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 11, 2008
Missouri
OK I am not sure if I should post this here or some where else. I had a brain fart this morning I wanted to put something in the smoker but not sure what of. I also wanted to do something different so here is what I did.

I got a 1lb roll of sausage, 2 can's of butter flavor CT. biscuits, some taters, and some cheese. I cooked the sausage till it was about half way done and I did the same for the taters. I then took the biscuits smashed them as I could, I covered the biscuits with sausage and taters then I sprinkled cheese and wrapped some in bacon. I did some of them flat, I also put another biscuits on top on some of other's, I had 3 different styles.

Threw them in the smoker for 2 1/2 hrs. @ 230*

Pulled them out and tell ya what they were pretty dang good ! The only thing that would have made them better is that I would have some gravy to pour over them.

Has anyone else done these before ? I had fun doing them, it was fun doing something outside the box.
00d50668_vbattach19990.jpg

b7db945c_vbattach19991.jpg

ce95c735_vbattach19992.jpg

9b89f4a0_vbattach19988.jpg

4fefa8b6_vbattach19989.jpg

Nice idea M M. Gravy would have been good, yum.

i do somthin like that in the oven, brown a pound of hamburger, stir in bbq sauce, get the grands flaky biscuits, separate them, get the half flat as I can and put the burger mix in it and top with sharp cheddar, and smash the other half of the biscuit flat and cover it, and press sides to seal. follow cooking time and temp of biscuits. family loves them, we call them krusher calzones.

they look awesome..we called them empanadas in the old world..

Looks great Matt
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky