Sausage question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krex1010

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Southeast PA
So I made some sausage, and I have a few pounds of leftover meat, I ran out of casing. The meat is seasoned and cured (Prague powder #1)
Can I freeze this meat and stuff sausage later when I get more casing?

Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to freeze it and decide what to do with it later, I have about 6 pounds of links smoking at the moment.

Well my links are done and I'm pretty happy with the results, I think I need to upgrade my sausage making equipment though, the kitchen aid leaves a lot to be desired. But anyway, the links taste pretty darn good, they will be great grilled up tomorrow along with the ribs and chicken I'm planning. I do have a big ol log of uncased sausage on now, should be killer for lunch sandwiches this week.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky