Sausage Maker hot sticks ??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

frassettor

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Im making hot sticks for the first time this weekend. I got my seasonings from the Sausage maker, and colligen casings (19mm). I will be making 5 lbs to start, I broke down the recipe for ther 5 lbs and will use 1 tsp of instacure #1. My question is...Have any of you ever tried these hot sticks...Are they good? How long do you think it will take in the smokehouse?

Thank You

frass

the hot stix are good you should add a teaspoon of cayanne to the recipe just to kick it up a bit it takes me 6-8 hours to do a batch of stix it depends on your temps you are smoking them at

My last batch was TSM's original mix. A little on the plain side and could benefit from some jazzing up. I plan on teriyakifying my next batch. It's a good place to start though. Be sure to let us know how they work out.

PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
I used some really good digital scales when measuring my vension snack sticks. It seemed that I only had to use a very small amount of the pink cure. I froze some jalapeno's in a ziplock bag before grinding them later and mixing with the meat and seasonings. I also made some with about 1 1/2 lbs of high temperature cheese added to each 15 lbs of meat. We used 50 % vension, gnd and 50 % boneless picnic shoulder plus seasonings. We smoked to about 174 deg internal temp. Hope this helps. Happy Smoke Rings from Sedalia, MO.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky