sausage cheese balls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluefrog

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Delray Beach, Florida
While doing some ribs the other day, I decided to try a new stuffing for ABTs. I did the usual sausage cheese ball recipe ....cook 1lb Jimmy Dean Hot, crumbled, mix with 2 cups bisquick, and two cups shredded sharp chedder. Stuffed the halapenoes with the above and topped with bacon. Then decided that the rest of the mixture made into the normal cheese balls would go into the smoker rather than the oven as usual. Best idea ever. I did crank the heat up after finishing the ribs to about 275-300 and smoking the sausage cheese balls in one of those bbq wok pans.
They were excellent. Try this and let me know what you think and any improvements that you might make. Maybe using a smoked fatty instead of sausage browned off in a frying pan. (don't know why I didn't think of that)

Scott

the original recipe is 2cups biaqick, 2 cups sharp chedder shredded, and 1 lb sausage...mix well and bake on cookie sheet at 350 for 12 to 15 min. Like I said, this time I pre cooked the sausage. I think a fatty would work really well, I think that I will try that next time.

Scott

[fade:025a8b2c11]My wife and Mom has been making them for years following the same recipe. They are good. :) [/fade:025a8b2c11]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky