Sauce & Rub Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jim van allen

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hello

Anyone around that can give any advice to a newbie looking to create my own rub and sauce.  Any advice, dos and donts that you may have come across or information that you found helped you along the way?

Any information will be greatly appreciated, ty

Welcome to the SMF Family...When you get a chance go over to Roll Call and give more info about your Equipment and Experience...

Now we can help but need more info on what you like...

Rubs...Spicy, Blow Your Head Off, Mild, Garlicky, Peppery, Sweet, Any Allergies, Salt or Sodium issues?

Sauces...What have you had you liked? What Regional Type, Carolina, Memphis, Texas or Kansas City? Tomato Based, Vinegar Based, Mustard Based? Sweet, Sour or Both (Tangy)? Hot or Mild?

You can also check...  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/186/sauces-rubs-marinades-sticky

Let me know...JJ

Last edited:
There are tons of sauce & rub recipes on here. I would use the search & look for one that you would like, then you can always further modify it.

icon_cool.gif

If you check into the wiki section you'll find a boat load of recipes for sauces and rub. Than you also have Jeff's you buy it and it also help to keep this place around.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky