sauce for a pig pickin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rednek

Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
Bunn, NC
the recipe below is, believe it or not, what this NC boy uses on a 100 lb pig when i have a pig pickin. being from eastern NC and not using the traditional vinegar and pepper sauce, this gets me some strange looks. the same people who turn up their nose as eastern NC bbq purist are the very ones that ask for the recipe. cut it down by a quarter and try on pulled pork, it is fit to eat. if you are going to freeze any of the pork take the lemons out as the rinds will make the mixture bitter after a day or so.
enjoy

as you can tell from the qview there are few complaints

Pig Juice (100 LB )
2cups vinegar
4cups water
1cup sugar
8f tablespoons french's mustard
4teaspoons black pepper
12teaspoons salt
8lemons sliced
8onions sliced
2cups butter
combine ingredients and simmer 20 minutes then add
4cups catsup
1cup worchestershire sauce
Bring to boil and remove
53c0acad_vbattach18840.jpg

Cowgirl,

had you in mind when i posted it, before the barrel i used a block pit.

I appreciate you keeping me in mind for this recipe. It looks great and I plan on using it on my next hog.
Nice barrel cooker.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky