Saturday Tri-Tip with Qview (Or Tip and Chips)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wlkwichita

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Wichita Kansas
I have been out of town for a week, and was hankering for some good Q upon my return. I was too busy today for a long smoke so I did a 2.6 lb Tri-Tip. I applied a bit of garlic salt, onion powder, fresh cracked pepper, and a dash of Dale's Seasoning. I smoked it at 230 over pecan until internal was 135F. I then popped it on a hot grill for about 30 seconds each side. Still nice and pink with LOTS of juice. I also mad a batch of homemade tater chips, per my boys request. All in all, a fine dinner to enjoy after finally getting home!!

d5661ef3_Tri-tipreadyforsmoker10-9-2010.jpg

eed1ea51_Tritipfromsmokerfordinner10-9-2010.jpg

bbf04acb_Homemadechips10-9-2010.jpg

6f18ba60_Dinner10-9-2010.jpg

Reactions: mballi3011
The tip and chips look delicious!  Glad you were able to get home and get you a fix! haha  
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks for sharing the Qview! 

Welcome home, and back to smokin'!

I haven't smoked a tip just yet, but your slices show some nice grains with some light marbling, sort of like what a brisket point would look like, only being nice and pink instead of well done. Hmm, yea, I think I could see myself eating some tri-tip, as I'm a med-med/rare steak lover.

Man, and to think they had a couple tips at Sam's a few weeks back when we were on a day trip to stock up, and I even grabbed a couple and looked 'em over, opting for a 10lb sirloin tip and a couple 5lb bottom rounds instead.

I'll be looking a little closer at the tip next trip I make, 'cause that looks like some damn fine eating beef in my eyes! I need some shorter smokes to do as well, instead of the typical brisket, pulled pork, etc.

Thanks for sharing your dinner!

Eric

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

Now both parts of your dinner were pretty impressive. I really like he chips and the tip looked quite yummO too.
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky