• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Saturday Night Maple/Cherry Wings

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
My maple ( Homegrown, silver) produces almost invisible smoke and it's not very sweet, but it's tasty. Rubbed with "Epic Dry Rub" recipe found on the net, modified a little. On the double deuce kettle, one half- fist sized maple chunk and a smaller cherry on rack over my WSM 14 ring, with wings around the perimeter of aforementioned rack.

1632615611967.png

Broken open at joint to cool. Nice golden honey brown color from the maple, not much cherry color..... It was an interesting mix.

1632615722111.png

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
Looks great and am confident tasted the same

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks fantastic!! It’s been too long since I’ve had wings. They sure have soared in price. I’ve never smoked with maple.

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Those are great wings.
I have a pack in the freezer that will my last until these stupid prices settle down.
I have smoked with the maple from my trees, too. Not silver, but sugar. Great subtle flavor.
I always split my wings into flats and drums before cooking & smoking to avoid overcooking the flats

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
I like cooking whole wings for sure. Your‘s look exceptional! Very nicely done.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Perfect color on those . I bet they were good . Nice work .
That 14 " WSM ring works great in the kettle .

tx smoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Those look fantastic!! I'd happily pay top dollar for a plate of the wings. Beautiful color on them, that's for sure. Excellent job.

Robert

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
Looks great!
Thanks SP.
Looks great and am confident tasted the same
Thanks man. They did taste pretty good!
Looks fantastic!! It’s been too long since I’ve had wings. They sure have soared in price. I’ve never smoked with maple.
Thank you Jeff. They are a ripoff, I trimmed a lot of skin off the thigh end to boot.
Those are great wings.
I have a pack in the freezer that will my last until these stupid prices settle down.
I have smoked with the maple from my trees, too. Not silver, but sugar. Great subtle flavor.
I always split my wings into flats and drums before cooking & smoking to avoid overcooking the flats
Thank you. I find I overcook them when they are separated!
Nice batch of wings

David
Thanks David, they were a little different than usual with the maple.
I like cooking whole wings for sure. Your‘s look exceptional! Very nicely done.
You're too kind. I find them juicier and tastier whole.
Man those look mighty tasty!
Thank you, they scratched the wing itch!
Looking good!
Jim
Thanks Jim.
Perfect color on those . I bet they were good . Nice work .
That 14 " WSM ring works great in the kettle .
Thanks chop. The wsm ring has kept me from getting a vortex, not sure how much better a vortex would/could work.:emoji_thinking:
Those look fantastic!! I'd happily pay top dollar for a plate of the wings. Beautiful color on them, that's for sure. Excellent job.

Robert
Thank you Robert. Sorry, they're not for sale. :emoji_laughing:

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Mighty Tasty, from here Moto!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.