Saturday butt smoke

Discussion in 'Pork' started by alanp, Jul 31, 2010.

1. alanp

alanp Fire Starter

Picked up these Boston Butts at Sam's Club, rubbed last night and in the and back in thr refrig.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I fired up the smoker at 7:00 this morning using hickory and maple will post some more Q-view as the day progresses

2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks like a great start

3. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looking Good....Bring on the Butts. (Just curious) are you planning on sliced or pulled ?

4. alanp

alanp Fire Starter

These butts are to be pulled, 1:15 pm this smaller one out to be foiled at 165 degrees

[​IMG]  

At 4:15 the other reached 165 and was foiled

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Hey do you have my smoker for I have two butts in the smoker too. Now I didn;t have any Q-view of mine thou. Yours looks like they will be really good too. I have mine in the cooler now just a waiting the pulling later tonight.

6. alanp

alanp Fire Starter

Finished product....foiled and in the smoker to 205 degrees about a 12 hr. smoke. in the cooler wraped in towels for 1 hr. falling apart while unwrapping. I used a rub from Food network 3D, Guy's trip to Kansas City. Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Looks awesone, and YUMMY!!

8. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

your butts look nice lol

9. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

Looks great! Thanks for the Qview!  [​IMG]

10. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

that looks dang good.