sat smoke Qview variety

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big game cook

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
ILLINOIS
today is a new day for me. i never liked the looks or thought of beans since i was a child. today i will try them. got a tray of them on now. topped with bacon and a spoon of fire roasted green chilies stirred in.

also a beef roast i found in the reduced section last night. and two pork tenderlions. and some sausages my cuz got from oberweis. he drives a semi for them. there chicken. one brat pack. other is roasted red pepper garlic. well see how they smoke.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

and i added some fresh garden peppers to nibble on while i eat. a couple red scotchbonnet habenaros. yellow african fatili and some mystery red and green chili's.

smoking over a 50/50 mix of birquets and lump kingsford charwood. and adding small bark on logs of apple wood.

meats been on a bit and peppers and sausages just went in. apple juice in drip pans to baste with.

more pics after its about done.

i was a picky eater when i was a kid. them and a few others stuck. and would never try them. still hate pickles and mustard. didnt eat salad dressing till i was 18ish. or mayo. didnt eat onions till i was 14or so. i would eat anything meat wise pretty much. but when i was a kid my tacos were meat cheese only. not even lettuce.
eek.gif

im 33 now and my horizons opened up alot after i turned 18. ill eat most anything. i just grossed out a buddie the other day eating smoked oysters.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

pretty bad. i would fry up bullhead catfish squirrels snapping turtles but not beans lol.

never ate green beans either.

I didn't much care for them till we started camping. Beans just seem right by a fire. Now those peppers will kick them up a notch, so don't give up on them if they are too hot.

Looks good and by the looks of those beans you should love them.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks like you have a great start on a great meal. Will be waiting for the results.

final pics.

beef was a tick on the tough side but a tick. not bad. could have used a few more hrs like brisket. but good taste. it was rubbed night before smoking.

pork tends, great. smooth and delicate. tender and juicy. both had a good smoke ring and flavor. peppers. hot as he double ll. but thats what i like.

flash. dont worry the hotter the beans the more ill like them. more ya see me post the more youll relize i aint normal. and if it aint blazing it is like a blt to me lol.

so. ate beans. not to bad. didnt do head stands over them. but i will eat them alot now. figured first bite ide get the willies. nope. pretty good. the bacon and chilis helped with the gross out factor. more BBQ beans in the future.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

my cuzes sausages. pretty good. to bad he has no freaking clue how to smoke.

went and rubbed my nose after the meal. it burned like fire hehehe. that scotch bonnet and fatili really lit me up. and the mystery chilis. man there like a habenaro. burnt me up. peppers. the other green meat.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Good lookin bunch of grub u got there BGC! Bout time u tried beans and see what everyone has been telling ya all these years
biggrin.gif

BGC,

DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE HEATHENS! Beans are yukky!

Send all those that you made, to ME. I will help a bruthah out and eat them for you - just to help you of course.

They look WONDERFUL! As do the rest.

Good goin.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Brad

thanks brian and brad and flash ect... ect... heck. swing by i gots plenty of beans left. if not iga is open 24-7 and i got beers in the fridge and always have tons of fire wood if im out of charcoal. we'll get something cooking. and usually have plenty of venison and rabbit.

since i joind here guess ill either have to cut more trees or charge 5 bags of charcoal to cut a tree wich i usually do free of charge,lol.
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

everything looks good, next time you do up some beans saute you pepper with a big ole onion, the brown some burger and mix that is with your beans , with some brown sugar, bake around one hour at 350, then let them cool for bout an hour. Thats how I like them anyway.

Congrats on the Q, very impressive meal.

Looks like a very diverse smoke, lotsa good lookin food. Good to see ya open up a bit and try some beans. Nice thread.
cool.gif

Man that looks good...all of it , beans look great...not soupy,great job.

Well if I ever find myself in Ill. I will def sniff my way through those bushs and swipe soma that grub mmmmm

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky