Salt Encrusted Black Sea Bass Updated 5/13

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks fantastic Richie. Never seen anything cooked like that before, covered in salt. Maybe I can go down back and catch some trout to try it.

Really nice, en papillote or salt crusted methods I feel is the best way to cook fish. Keeps it so moist and really locks in flavor. The sauce also looks nailed. If i'm not mistaken isn't sea bass opening on the 15th in nj ?
I agree it is a great way to do the fish,Sea bass is opening on the but I will be in Mass. fishing for Haddock
That looks fantastic Richie. Never seen anything cooked like that before, covered in salt. Maybe I can go down back and catch some trout to try it.

Adam Thank you my fish was 2 1/2 pounds I used 6 cups of Kosher salt 4 egg whites and some water.Mix til it feels like it will mold.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Last edited:
Looks amazing!! I’m assuming the egg whites are uncooked? Sorry, just never seen anything like this before.

73 Yes they are uncooked,I use bottled water to avoid chlorine and what ever else they put in the tap.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Good luck on your trip-tight lines

We got out yesterday only took 1 hour 45 minutes to get our boat Limit Got home about an hour ago.
Richie
20180515_135230.jpg

Very, very nice cook and use of a method not used or appreciated enough.
The fish looks done to perfection.

One of the best things about fishing is the eating!

LIKE!

This is fishing season for me right now, work like a dog all week, fish on Saturday, recover on Sunday, rinse and repeat.
Been slaying the Spanish/Kings, whupping up on some Blues, pounding some Pompano and savaging the Speckled trout.
I wish we had y'alls BIG Bluefish, fantastic fishery y'all have with them and other fish, e.g. Stripers.
Our Blues don't get nearly so big, but they do eat better.

Saturday before last
f8bv8qf.jpg

A nice Big Ugly, catch-n-released
YidavRt.jpg

Reactions: 73saint
Chili Thanks we don't have any fishing piers up this way,you guys are lucky down their Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky