Salt and Pepper Wings, No Garlic and Onion

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
In a prior post-

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/252485/piri-piri-wings

I posted about a friend who was coming over who could not have garlic or onions. He could have oils infused with them. I made the Piri Piri wings but wanted more than one variety so I made salt and pepper wings. I normally use chopped garlic and green onions but had to modify.

I tossed 12 wing segments in 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of the garlic oil I made for the Piri Piri wings. Then I mixed 8 ml (1 1/2 teaspoon) black pepper and 4 ml (3/4 teaspoon) kosher salt together and tossed the wings in that mixture.

I put them in the pellet smoker at 350 F. I cooked for 25 minutes on one side and then flipped and cooked for 25 minutes more.

Here is the finished product.

The Verdict

These were very good with a nice salt/pepper ratio and a tasty crisp skin. However, they aren't as good as my regular Piri Piri wings. The garlic onion mixture I toss them in at the end really adds something.

That being said, these were so incredibly easy they were great for serving at a busy dinner party and they disappeared quickly!

Disco

Looks tasty Disco! Sometimes simple is best!

I love salt and pepper prawns. Wish I could get whole prawns here.
Thanks, Case. There was a Chinese (real not tourist) restaurant in Vancouver that used to do prawns in the shell crusted in coarse salt. I had forgotten about those. Thanks for the reminder, I must try and recreate them.

I would take a plate of those in an instant!

A lot of meats are about perfect just with salt and pepper!
Thanks, Cranky. The guests seemed to feel the same way as they reached for more!

Looks great Disco!

We like Montreal chicken seasoning on our wings.

But yours look fantastic!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky