Salmon ***** vs stud

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seearekern

Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
North Central Iowa
Figured that the title would get your attention. Now, here's the deal. Some years back, I bought a nice Salmon fillet to smoke. After about 2 hours I went to take it out of the smoker and found what appeared to be a pile of oatmeal. That was what remained of the Salmon.
I asked a guy who was much more learned than I in the fine art of smoking. His answer was that I had gotten a female and that they don't work in a smoker. I bought his story and have never bothered to try again.
Is his theory correct or was he blowing thin blue smoke up my ***?
OKAY, Stop laughing and respond to my question.

he was blowing smoke female salmon smoke up nice its just that the belly meat is thinner then on a male the belly is the richest part of the salmon

it sounds to me like you bought a not so fresh salmon and smoked at to high heat causing it to turn to mush

blowin smoke bigtime, u shud see if he work part time as a smoke generator... would like more details on your smoke, temps especially.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky