salmon patties?

Discussion in 'Fish' started by twistertail, May 21, 2008.

1. twistertail

twistertail Smoking Fanatic

Anyone ever try smoking salmon patties? I love them and usually just fry them in the skillet but thought about some in the smoker.

2. placebo

placebo Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good idea! We've been eating alot of those lately and they are pretty darn good. I did try grilling them once and they were good but they seem to come out better cooked in a cast iron skillet. We buy them at Costco and just stocked up since the price will likely go up due to the Salmon shortage and ridiculous gas prices. Maybe I will try smoking some this weekend. Thanks for the idea!

3. My wife asked me about that earlier this week. May have to give it a try this weekend. just have to scoot the trout over alittle to make room haha

4. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Just did some last friday, yum. I made them from canned salmon, egg, bread crumbs, garlic and spices. If I do them again, I may sear in a hot skillet first to set them up a bit as they tended to not hold together very well. They were still good.

5. glued2it

glued2it Master of the Pit

I didn't know if the smoking would be any good or not.
    I did consider it. I did want to try to grill them though.
    I don't think the bread crumbs would hold it together well enough to grill though.

6. twistertail

twistertail Smoking Fanatic

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot.