Rump Roast w/ Bacon & Cola Injection

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

geek with fire

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 5, 2007
Rural out-skirts of Sedalia, MO
Prep'ed tonight for this weekend's simple smoke.
Rump Roast w/ Bacon & Cola Injection

Rub:
1/3 cup Turbinado Sugar
1/3 cup Salt (Course)
1/3 cup paprika
1/3 cup fresh black pepper

Liquid (mix very well):
1 can Cola (shake until flat)
1/2 cup EVOO
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cayanne pepper

Slathered roast with yellow mustard and applied a thick layer of the rub. Then using an injector, fill the roast with the liquid until it starts to look like something out of CaddyShack (ya know, gopher holes....high pressure water....use your imagination). Then cover with bacon and sprinkle some of the lefter rub on top for good measure.

Store in plastic zipper back in fridge over night. I don't always do this, but this time I added what was left of the liquid to the bag. Let's hope it doesn't screw up my rub. More to come....

RumpRoastBaconCola.jpg

Looks god Josh!! Have you seen the thread on "Bacon Mat" in the Bacon Forum? Basically you weave a mat out of bacon-helps keeps things covered if ya know what I mean.

That's hillarious Dutch! I started doing that last night, but got half way through the lattice, and basically said ta' heck with this! Last time, I poked some tooth picks in to keep the bacon in place. I'm going to try it without this time and see if it holds up.

Josh, that looks and sounds great... can't wait to see the final product!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky