Rough Draft of the Logo..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What do you think of the logo design...

• I like it.. It will be better once completed and colored in.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ehh... It's ok but the pig freaks me out.

• Nope, don't like it. Head back to the drawing board!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gunner69

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
Hillsboro, OR
CRAP the last Poll option is supposed to be " Nope don't like it head back to the drawing board" Can a Mod help a brother out??

So Rick did a bang up job on the rough draft of our logo but SWMBO has some concerns.. She has agreed to do some market testing locally and on the web to see if it's just her or not... .

I like it!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

My wife is the same about pigs and how they are displayed in logos BUT this AINT NO PIG RESCUE GROUP now is it!?!?

Well Laddie-being a kilt wearer meownself as well as having several family lines trace back to the Highlands, it looks grand-grand indeed!! But what's with the horned helmet? is he a Scot or a Viking???? A glenngarry or a balmoral would be the better choice for headwear.

Dutch, what be the name a the hat that ressembles the overseas cap? I thin that would look good on that feller to.

Now as fer a pig bein roasted, that be what he's fer! Problem is people wanna look at everthin as a pet, oh the cute pig, blah blah blah, he's food, look at em as such. I see a pig, I see pork chops, ribs, pork butt, ham, bacon. Look at a cow, steaks, roasts, fine burger. People wanna "Humanize" everthin, oh the poor cow just wan'ts ta live with it's family in harmony. Huh?

Done rantin, got off track.

I try a few different hats on that feller, I like it an gonna make a fine banner!

All good advice and the reason I posted it up.. I need it to appeal to a broad audience.. The one common theme I am seeing though is that the orange color and the font itself is really hard to read so thats going to be a definite thing that we are going to have to remedy. Please keep the comments and thoughts coming.

Tip, that would be the glengarry-the balmoral is a beret-shaped much like the berets that the US Army wears, except the cap badge on the balmoral is above the left temple and not above the left eye. I'll see if I can post up some pics.

Gunner, if you'll PM me, I can give you a couple of websites that has a lot of different tartans on display. I'm thinking that the Stewart Royal (Red & Black) would stand out better than the orange.

I like it !
My favorite part is that the pig is sweating.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Maybe even a little more sweat???

Bearcarver

I like it but if you are going for the scottish theme then I would go with that head wear that Dutch is talking about. If you start out authentic you have to go all out authentic.

At the risk of catching a lot of flack, I'm going to be a nay sayer on this.

If all you are doing is competition this would be fine, but I notice the catering part of the logo.

You are looking at the general public with catering.

First I think the color is OK, it's the font that is the problem and hard to read.

Second you want to market a brand. I see two different names when I look at this. Who are you? The Smokin' Scott or the kilt and Que.

Now for the pig; he looks like he's scared (I'll use the wording "to death" since my other term would won't print). It looks like you are roasting the poor little guy alive! This definitely will not go over well with the ladies.

Is Haggis food?

Just my 2 cents.

As far as pleasin everbody, in this here over politically correct society we be turnin inta, ya ain't never gonna win. If ya like it an ya got a good product go fer it. Them what don't like it ain't the type a folk ya wanna serve anywho.

We got one complaint bout the name a our company, some gal said we was deaminain (Had ta look it up an still can't spell it) poor folk, lady I am what I am, poor folk an all. Everbody else loves the food an really don't care what show's on the banner when they got a full belly.

Play with yer colors some, what are ya puttin this on? Shirts, what color, see what works, banners, what color again. Just try different thins an see what looks the best ta yer eye.

Good luck.

Thanks Dutch, couldn't think a them hat names fer nothin taday!

I am a video producer/graphic designer, and overall there are some good points to the logo.
But you really need to look at your font/color. The text is very hard to read.
Try playing with fonts, and colors. Try putting a thin outline on the letter to make them pop more.

Gunner, here be a couple of pics of Highland headgear for you:

Glengarry

Balmoral

The glengarry is worn mostly by members of Pipe bands while the balmoral is worn by everyone else. It is also common not wear any hat at all as it is a matter of personal choice.

Here is a pic of me kilted up next to the lovely Ma Dutch. The hat is the balmoral with a diced band.

564-earl-bride-front-clan-cameron-test-2008-utsfhg.jpg

I fixed your last poll question for you

Ok, so I bounced this of my wife, without prejudicing her;

The font was hard to read.

The pig should have is eyes closed or be dead.

The Scottish guy was a little to barberick. Upon further questioning she thought it was the "horns" on his head.

When asked if she would call for a caterer based off of this logo she said no. She said if the above were different that it might be eye catching.

Hope this helps.

I think you are on the right track, just a few modifications.

Clan MacRae here Dutch.. I've got the tartan already and I think the head gear is a must.. I'm gonna try and keep this active for awhile take the advie apply it to the logo and get a 2nd draft and see where that gets us.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky