root crops i am planting

Discussion in 'Root Crops' started by chris_harper, Feb 21, 2007.

1. chris_harper

chris_harper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

i have a package of "evergreen long white bunching" onion seeds, burpee brand. robust italian variety garlic sets, 5 bulbs. one package of "super sweet" onions, 60 bulbs.

2. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Man Chris, if you go at this gardening like you did smoking, you're gonna need a tractor. [​IMG] Good Luck this year with the garden. Keep us posted.

Keep Smokin

3. shellbellc

shellbellc Master of the Pit OTBS Member

LOL! That was a good one Pigsicles!!

4. chris_harper

chris_harper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

lmao, naw. my brother has a 6hp rear-tine tiller. i will pick by hand. i will not get carried away with the garden. my wife doesn't eat alot of veggies, and y'all know i eat very few.

5. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Chris -

you ca buy galic from the grocery store, peel it, stick it in water and when the green slaks come out plant it.

6. shellbellc

shellbellc Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Isn't that a fall planting??

7. smokyokie

smokyokie Smoking Fanatic

That's my understanding. I've not had much luck with garlic though.

Chris, I'll bet you start eating more veggies when you start growing your own. They just all seem to taste better.

Those bunching onions will keep producing for years if they're the type I'm thinking of. Don't forget the pix. We need a before and after.

Tim

8. We start our onions and garlic in the fall. They are much like a tulip, the bulb doesn't go dormant in he winter.