rookie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kennymn

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
ALBERTVILLE MN
Hi all, My name is Ken I'm a first time smoker , I have a GOSM widebody gas smoker . I like to hunt and cook outdoors. In January I used my smoker for the first time and made 18 lbs of venison pepper sticks they turned out pretty good . I would like to get into making more sausages to cut down on my venison processing costs. I also have a American Harvest dehydrator for making beef jerky but with that I can't make it fast enough because everybody wants some, so I must go bigger. As soon as snow melts I would like to try smoking a turkey. ( I've been browsing through this site the last couple of nights and it is AWESOME good work !! )

Glad you could make it Ken.You have found the place to learn about smoking.I make a lot of sausage in the fall with deer as well as pork and also cure and smoke hams and bacons.When Im not grinding or curing I like smoking about anything else I can catch and skin or get at the store.Anything you need to know feel free to ask,theres lots of people here who will take the time to help out someone new to the art,David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky