Rookie Adventure

Discussion in 'Pork' started by lobo, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Today was the first time to use my new Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse. After doing a lot of reading on the forum, I was ready to take the plunge. Bought four slabs of pork spare ribs (Kroger had them on sale[​IMG] ) Two for now and two in the freezer. Rubbed them down with some rub I had made awhile back and into the fridge overnight. Using the 3-2-1 method posted here, I have to say....WOW!!! Really tender and juicy. I did not get the pink smoke ring, but they had just the right amount of hickory smoke flavor.
    Anyways, thanks for everyone who has contributed to this forum. It made a Rookie's first smoke a success!![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Lobo -

Nice job! Juicey and just the right amount of smoke sounds and looks really good to me!

[​IMG]

3. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I see nothing wrong, pass em over!
    Looks like ya done good!
    Remember, you are smoking them for YOU, not me or anyone else. You gotta please yourself (Rick Nelson).

4. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

They look great to me. Sometimes I don't get a smoke ring on ribs. I think it's because they are so thin the ring goes all the way thru and just make the meat look kind of pink.

5. Looking good there Lobo... Pass some over here....yummy[​IMG]

6. r2rworld

r2rworld Newbie

Great looking ribs. Nice job!!!![​IMG]

7. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They looked fine to me. You already stated that they tasted good.

Good job!!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

8. tonto1117

tonto1117 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice lobo!!![​IMG] So what's next???

9. Looks very good. Nice job!

10. linescum

linescum Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

all i can say is MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM RIBS

11. cool85k5

cool85k5 Fire Starter

Looks good!I'm going to try my hand tomorrow,two slabs of baby backs!

12. Thanks to all for the positive reinforcement. Makes a rookie want to take on more smokin' adventures.

Now if I can just remember to spray the racks with Pam or something the next time and open the vent a little more to better the steam vent. I had water leaking out the front bottom during my smoke.