Roll Call....Flushing rib burn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 12, 2007
new baltimore, mi
Lets get this rolling, who's in ??
cool.gif

Rich, Dan and Lee, i can get IBP full Spares for $1.39 a lb, need to know by Wednesday early if your interested!

Thanks for the offer. I am gonna get mine from the butcher already trimmed. I'll have him put them in the store packaging so it will still be ligit.......won't it?
I am gonna do 3 racks of spares and 2 bb's
I emailed the COC for any info on sites and water availability, still no response. I think I am gonna call them>
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

I'll get you the special "enhanced competition ribs"......
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Really, we use these for catering and should be using them for comps.

Bite me!
cool.gif

Finally gotta call back today from flushing chamber of commerce. Says we will be on main street downtown, 10x10 sites, garnish as you want, or not. Judges are not KCBS, meat will be inspected there. These were answers to my questions left on her voice mail. She left the answers on my voicemail.
icon_surprised.gif
I don't know about the water situation or bathrooms.Hopefully we don't hafta use the bathrooms of the stores that we are parked in front of.

Well, see ya's on sat. good luck to everyone.
cool.gif

IT's on a main Street? Well thats crappy. I thought it was in a park. Anyway Dan do you have an addy so I can aquire a map. THANKS LEE

Got ribs ordered.
I got 2 cases coming so Rich and Lee are covered and should have some leftover if anybody wants extra!

Bubba, Rich, Dan & all: Wish I could stop up or participate. Wife and I think it is JUST too far to be away (she is due Oct 13 and came early by one week on boy #2 so we hope it happens this week) Enjoy yourselves. I did come up with some IL-MI tics for this weekend and since that is 20 min from my house, I am going. GO ILLINI.

Well I brought the canopy up from the basement ( it's one heavy S.O.B. ) The only ? I have is, if this event is on Main St. how in the heck are we to anchor it down ? If it stays as windy as it is today I would even worry about the stakes pullin out. I guess I could bring a concrete drill bit and some anchors along. LOL. I did google a map this morning and may just drive directly there or get off 69/24 and just follow ya there. It dont matter. Last night I thought it was out in a park somewhere so when I found out it was on Main St. It was an easy search

you are right about going up 69 dont get on the 475, just stay on 69 unil you hit the 75N go to exit 122, turn left off the exit and go until you hit flushing

i hate mapquest..lol

Yeah Teacup. My Dad was at St. Mary's Hospitol last summer and I got on that 475, hit detours and ended up right back where I started lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky