Roasted/smoked garlic cloves

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dr k

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 22, 2013
Peoria, IL
The top rack of the MES is a great place to put a Q-mat and smoke raw peeled garlic cloves. I was making pastrami with hickory pellets with the AMNPS and mailbox mod. The pastrami was on the second from the top rack averaging 235*F so for the first three hours I smoked the garlic. Those of you that have had roasted garlic know how mild and spreadable it is on toast and crackers since the cloves are whole and the two enzymes have not combined from being chopped, keeping the garlic mild. They're great by themselves or you can smash/spread on anything or throw in chili etc. Kind of like a big plump raisen texture with a caramelized mild garlic flavor. I make them for my mom and dad and myself. Sam's has raw peeled garlic cloves in large zip lock bags, making for an instant addition to the smoker. The pic below shows them in a pile but I spread them out on the Q-mat.

-Kurt

Reactions: jted
Looks great, how would you store them afterwards?    Vacuum seal and freeze?

Looks great, how would you store them afterwards?    Vacuum seal and freeze?
They haven't been around long enough to freeze when I do them. But vacuum sealing is what I would do before freezing since they are small pieces that trap air and are aromatic. Garlic vapors find their way out after the seal its broken. Garlic being a natural anti microbial and having a long room temperature shelf life may not need to be refrigerated after roasting and smoking, being a preservative. I put them in a zip lock bag and keep in the refrigerator.
-Kurt

Thanks DR. Kurt I will try them soon.   Jted

points.gif

Dr K, thanks. Looks great and I'll be smoking some garlic in my Masterbilt using your method. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky