Roasted & Dried Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irishteabear

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 22, 2008
Downingtown, PA
My first time growing, harvesting, roasting and drying my own peppers.
smile.gif
New Mexico and Arbol peppers are ripening in small amounts which is good.

Before roasting.

I don't have a roaster so the New Mexicos went on the gas grill. Here they are roasted, peeled and ready to be dehydrated along with the Arbols that had a slit cut in them.

They are in the new dehydrator that I got a couple of weeks ago. It's an American Harvester/Nesco Gardenmaster and I love it! Once they're dried I'll post a final pic.

These look fabulous!
Let us know how they turn out after drying. I make a red chili and use dried red chili's from the local Carncia Sonora. Requires a rehydration process and then into the blender. Tastes great, but I HATE (even in green chili) the chunks of dried skin.

Neve thought of roasting, skinning, then drying. Definetly a good idea - thanks for sharing.
Tracey

Those look great Dawn. I have a bunch of cayenne and serrano I need to dry, I would love to roast them first but think I would need a gas mask for that.

I was in chat last night with eman and mentioned that I had peppers to dehydrate or roast today. He suggested that I roast them first, then dehydrate them. I thought, why not? So that's why I'm doing.

they look outta this world Dawn-welcome our new Pepperhead!

Dawn those sure look better than the ones I did in my Ronco Dehydrator...

I was ashamed to post qview of them...

Those look awesome there dawn. Now will you just grind them up in a spice grinder or do you just crush them. But they are really looking good.

I haven't decided what I want to do with them yet. I'm going to store them as they are, that way I have more options.

Dawn,
Just caught your Q-View of the finished product. Those look amazing. I would agree with you to leave them dried for versitility. Thanks again for sharing.
Tracey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky