Roast Beast Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meandmytwodogs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Beaver Lake/Plattsmouth, Nebraska
All the recent threads about eye of round for roast beast lunch meat has got me pretty revved up to give it a go for myself. I picked up an eye of round roast today weighing in at just over 4 lbs. I want to keep as much of this as rare as possible, so my question is this: Should I cut the roast into two pieces so that they will finish more quickly or should I leave it whole? I'm just thinking that I might dry out the ends of the roast a bit more if I cook it whole. I could be totally off on this thought though so any support will be greatly appreciated.

Dave

I would cook it whole, by cutting it you will actually lose some juice. If you keep it low & slow it will plenty rare enough. Don't go over 135° internal and you will be fine.

That is an excellent plan. And don't forget the pics.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky