Ristras

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walking dude

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 5, 2007
Des Moines, IOWA
anyone ever make one...........i am going to have TONS of chili's and peppers..........i googled it, but it would help if any one here has done one.......

like RICHO?

you need to thread them before they dry then hang them and let nature dry them out for you.

I use a needle and thread, string them and hang em up. IMO it's better if the peppers do not touch, they dry quicker. After they dry a bit, then it doesn't matter as much if they are touching.
That's just how I do them.

Well WD, Cowgirl and Coyote are saying the same thing I would have said. It's all good!

I'm sure they work fine touching. I just like to speed the process and make sure they are dried through before letting them touch...just me.
Seems like they stay damp longer where touching.

but they PRETTY that way..........silly gurl....
biggrin.gif

Hey WD, I do them every year with cayennes. Just string them through the stems with needle and thread then hang in a ventilated area. Moving air is important, as they will mold in stagnant air. I drop them in the food processor the following year and put them in a shaker.

wd,, these things are normally done in a very dry climate. I do not know how well it would work in a more humid area. the ones around here..by the time they are dry you can not tell what color they are as they are so full of dust..does not seem to hurt any thing ..just rinse them of.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky