Rice Pudding on the stove top

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Ritchie. Made a batch of this Rice Pudding for supper tonight. Well actually half a batch since there was just Miss Linda and me.
The only change I made was to increase the amount of cinnamon by a pretty BIG amount--I just took the top off and poured and stirred till it tasted like enough. I also added some nutmeg to compliment the cinnamon and doubled the 1/3 cup of raisins called for.
I was starting to get concerned that it would end up like soup but when I poured in the eggs and sugar, the custard thickened it up perfectly.
Both Miss Linda and I agreed it was much richer and (dare I say this out loud) even better than either of our Moms ever made. Sorry Moms.
I can honestly recommend this recipe to anyone who has a hankering for some really good Rice Pudding.
Thank you my friend!!
Gary

Gary Thank You my friend that is a serious Compliment!! I'ed be biting my fingers typing that.Tell Miss Linda I said Thank You also
Richie

Gary I altered the recipe some as well. I only had 4 cups of whole milk so I used a cup and a half of whipping cream and wow did that work.... and we drizzled some maple syrup in it at the end. Either way hands down the best Rice pudding we have had as well. Lol Especially better than the wife's recipe from the mother in law.......

Mm, we love rice pudding Richie... Been too long, have to make some soon!
Just Thanks it is a good way to make it in the summer,you do not have to use the oven.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Awesome although I would add raisins and nutmeg to mine. My wife has a recipe where you make it in the microwave will have to post that some time. Also I like tapioca and have seen where you can do both puddings in a crock pot. Have not tried this.

Warren

Awesome although I would add raisins and nutmeg to mine. My wife has a recipe where you make it in the microwave will have to post that some time. Also I like tapioca and have seen where you can do both puddings in a crock pot. Have not tried this.

Warren
Warren I have put the little chocolate pieces in it already.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky