Ribs, they are hard to beat on a nice sunny day.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

h2so4ca

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Seattle WA
Started 3 racks of St Louis cut ribs on WSM this afternoon, as I was having a few friends stop over to watch the Red Wins game on CBC tonight. 

I smoked them @ 230 deg over hickory chunks. They ran for just shy of 5 hours. When I'm cooking at home I don't wrap my ribs.

In competitions I tend to. The judges seem to like the texture of the wrapped version, I don't.

The ribs resting before going into my cambro to hold till game time ( 40 min) 

Sliced and ready to go. 

The rub is kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, and brown sugar. The finishing sauce is melted butter, ketchup ,soy sauce,Worcestershire sauce,Sriracha, garlic, brown sugar and some honey mustard.  

2thumbs.gif

drool.gif

The rub is kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, and brown sugar. The finishing sauce is melted butter, ketchup ,soy sauce,Worcestershire sauce,Sriracha, garlic, brown sugar and some honey mustard.  
Those are some tasty looking ribs! I don't usually sauce them, but I may play with this a little!

For the rub and sauce, do you just use equal parts on all ingredients? I've been looking to try a new rub and sauce. Thanks.

Reactions: grindstonepit90
Fantastic job on the ribs!

For the first time this weekend I did a rack on the UDS , unwrapped. Still very good but not quite as juicy as the wrapped version. My motto when cooking is I do them like I want to and I hope you enjoy them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky