ribs read 140 degrees

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nickdentist

Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Brandon
I have just finished smoking my baby back ribs using the 2-2-1 method. smoked in the area of 225-245 the whole time. The temp of my ribs after the 5 hours is just 140. They look and feel done. Should i keep them on the smoker till they get to about 160? I dont want to risk over cooking them.

Thanks

Is your smoker temp correct/accurate? Your meat thermom?

I haven't done b-backs for a long time and never used a thermom on them. When I did them it was quite obvious they were done.

I would rather overdo than underdo. But then again, I only use a thermom on butts and brisket to give me an idea of when to start check'n to see if it's ready.

Error on the safe side. Wish I could help more. If you have a cooler spot on the smoker move them there till someone intelligent gets here.
icon_rolleyes.gif

almost impossible to use a thermo on ribs- fer me(& only me) i go by the pullback & tug test @ every stage. if yer thermo'ing them ya can be off by the thermo in the fat or hitting the bone.... i'd say tug a nub off the end & see how it tastes for you ... there ya go.. if thats good it's done, if not- foil fer an hour or oven @ 275 fer an hour just to make sure...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky