Ribs, Loin

Discussion in 'Pork' started by nick, Sep 23, 2008.

1. nick

nick Meat Mopper

Well, I KNOW this looks rushed but I had to post a pic or.."it didn't happen". The ribs are spares that I got cheap..89 cents a pound. They tasted cheap...lol...well, it was my fault. I treated them like BB's and learned a lesson. Don't rush. They needed another hour plus in the smoker. They were a little tough. Great taste, just chewy. (I'm spoiled on babybacks)
    On the other hand, the pork loin was primo! I injected it with Tony Chacheries Honey, Bacon, BBQ marinade and rubbed it with Tone's Southwest Chipotle seasoning. Now this stuff is good. I buy it at Sams. Give it a try. I pulled the loin at 135 degrees as per Richtee's suggestion in an earlier post, wrapped it in foil, in a towel and in an ice chest for an hour. It was without a doubt the most tender and juiciest loin that I've done so far. Before I rubbed it, I split the top about an inch and a half to get good penetration into the meat.
    Sorry about the amateur pic. I'll do better next time,,,promise.
    [​IMG]

2. roadrunr

roadrunr Meat Mopper

still some good lookin pork there...long as it's edible, the rest dont matter

3. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yowser that looks good.[​IMG]

4. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks good. Have to give "Tone's Southwest Chipotle seasoning" a whirl.

5. jack2u2

jack2u2 Smoke Blower

Yep, I don't see nothing wrong, there.... looks great. Nice job on the loin - one of my favorite pieces of pork!

6. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

good things come to those that wait......in the meantime eat ABT's [​IMG]